The Thief and the Cobbler: The Game
This should be a thing that exists. Think Sega 16-bit, action platformer. Some levels have a "tag-along" character (think Sonic/Tails).
1. You are The Thief in the streets of The Golden City. Collect all the golden treasures. Avoid angry townspeople, Royal Guards, and Zig-zag's men. And watch out for Princess Yum-Yum's Nanny! (Boss Fight) Enter the Cobbler's shop. Collect items and don't fall down!
2. You are Tack the Cobbler. Dodge the whips and attacks of Zig-Zag's men, and take on Zig-Zag The Grand Vizier in a Boss Fight!
3. You are The Thief. Ride in a garbage cart down precarious hills. Watch out for townspeople and the Royal Polo Ponies! Try to get inside the castle gates, with a Boss Fight against the Gate Guards! Swim through the moat outside the palace and enter the palace pipes. Watch the movement of the pipes to know when water is flowing through. Watch out - a fast current will throw you right back into the moat below! Some pipes lead to rooms inside the castle! Collect treasure and watch out for King Nod and his consort. Finally, when you've reached Princess Yum Yum's bathing room, hop on top of bubbles before they disappear, collect treasure and Yum Yum's backscratchers!
3. You are Tack the Cobbler. Chase The Thief through the halls of the palace! Don't be confused by all the optical illusions you see, and watch out for traps, as well as the palace guards, palace eunuchs, palace servants and dignitaries, King Nod himself, and Zig-Zag's men! When you've caught up to The Thief, it's time for another boss fight against Zig-Zag himself!
4. You are The Thief. Follow the white polo ball, collect treasures and watch out for the Royal Polo Ponies as they thunder toward you! Climb trees, watch out for birds and other small animals and don't get trampled! When you reach the spectators in the stand, collect all the treasures and watch out for Zig-Zag!
5. You are Princess Yum-Yum. Tack the Cobbler has been imprisoned by Zig-Zag! Run through the halls of the palace! Be careful- there are traps and pitfalls everywhere! Don't be confused by optical illusions and always keep ahead of Zig-Zag's pet bird Phido. Watch out, he's hungry! Knock down Zig-Zag's men and be careful you don't lose your head!
6. You are The Thief. Pole-vault, jump and bounce off awnings to get to the top of the tallest buildings in the city! Collect treasures, avoid townspeople and guards, and watch out that you don't fall! Use awnings as trampolines to get higher and higher, and be careful on high-wire clotheslines as birds and small animals get in your way! When you've reached the tallest minaret, it's time to climb and collect your greatest treasure - the Three Golden Balls!
6. You are Tack the Cobbler, inside the palace. Watch out for Zig-Zag and his men, and Phido! Be fast and be sneaky, and stay one step ahead of them. Be careful of traps, pitfalls and optical illusions, and be smart - the palace's traps can be your best friend in this level! You'll have to be crafty to catch up with The Thief. Collect hearts and Yum-Yum's broken shoes on your quest to find The Princess.
7. You are Princess Yum-Yum. The desert can be a dangerous place! Watch out for snakes, vultures, and those dangerous brigands. Look out for pitfalls, spikey rocks and cacti, and collect water bottles to keep your health levels up! You won't be alone - Tack will be one step behind you the whole way.
8. You are Tack the Cobbler. Chief Roofless and his band of brigands have come charging in to raid your caravan. Fight them off and tie them up, and protect the Princess Yum-Yum! You won't be alone - Yum-Yum's Nanny will help you in your fight!
9. You are The Thief, in the desert. Collect rare gems and treasures, bounce off signs, and watch out for guards and brigands as you traverse miles of rocks and climb the mountains to reach the priceless Buddha Ruby! Jump with springs on your feet and learn to fly with palm leaves on your arms! Be careful - the ruby is very well guarded (Boss Fight). When you've reached the witch's cave, watch out for toxic fumes, vampire bats and pitfalls, and use trampolines and white clouds to get higher and higher and collect some of the most impressive treasure yet! Then it's time for a boss fight with the Old Witch herself. She's much more dangerous than she looks and can take on many forms, including the spirit of a hurricane! As wind and lightning strikes and the mountain crumbles to the ground, can you escape in time? Watch out for falling fist-shaped rocks! Be fast and be smart! Strap on your springs and your wings and get out of there!
10. You are Chief Roofless, and there's no time to waste! Run through the desert as fast as you can, followed by your brigands. Dodge all the traps and pitfalls and collect water to keep your health up. The army of the Mighty One-Eye has come to destroy the Golden City, with its massive war machine. It's time for you and your brigands to fight the One Eye Soldiers! There may be thousands of them, but you need to slow this army down and buy some time until Tack and the Princess arrive.
11. You are Tack the Cobbler. The Army of the Mighty One-Eye, and its massive war machine, stands outside the Golden City, ready to attack. And Zig-Zag the Grand Vizier is riding at the front. In fact, he's riding right at you! Dodge his horse and his lance. Jump! He's fast and you'll have to be faster! Throw tacks to try to trip him up. Eventually, all you'll need is one well-timed shot!
12. You are The Thief. Run through the desert and enter the mind-bogglingly enormous and complex war machine of The Mighty One-Eye, even as it self-destructs around you. Collect treasures, but be careful! This is your most dangerous stage. There are thousands of One-Eye soldiers, and huge traps and pitfalls unlike anything you've ever seen. Dodge armored elephants and ride on their backs! Watch out for fire and falling machinery! Jump and bounce and climb to the highest level to collect the Three Golden Balls. Then just try to get out alive! Ride the rollercoaster of death, and learn how to fly it like an airplane! Avoid a pair of scissors twenty times your size, and a steaming iron, and a flyswatter, and a hundred other traps! Be shot out of a cannon through rings of fire! Watch out for falling elephants, flying soldiers, cannonballs, arrows and flaming debris! Did I mention everything is on fire and falling apart?
13. You are Tack the Cobbler. Zig-Zag has been thrown off his horse, and it's time for your final battle. Protect the Princess Yum-Yum! Watch out for flying arrows and One-Eye Soldiers! Defeat Zig-Zag!
14. You are The Thief. You're stuck in an assembly line of infernal machinery as the One Eye War Machine falls to pieces around you. There's fire and spikes and arrows and cannonballs and traps and pitfalls everywhere. It's a spiralling pinball machine, and you're the pinball! Speed is everything! Shoot yourself out of cannons and through rings of fire to get over every obstacle! Timing is vital, and practice makes perfect. Collect your final treasures, and get the hell out of there!
15. You are Tack the Cobbler. The One Eye War Machine is crumbling to the ground! There's fire everywhere! Protect the Princess Yum-Yum. Dodge traps and pitfalls, spikes, falling debris and fire. Watch out for huge, falling pieces of the War Machine, and its falling "feet!" Run through the wreckage, bounce, climb and jump to get to the very top of the One Eye War machine! Knock down the Mighty One-Eye, and watch out for his wily Women! Protect the Princess and start climbing down to get back to The Golden City in one piece!